I affectionately refer to my volunteer collegues as "My Germans" or "The Germans" because they are more than just the people I work with they are my closest friends. There have been many times were I needed to just talk to someone I knew was going through some of the same things as I am and they have always been there for me.
It has been a pleasure to watch these women grow and change. The changes we have experienced have not been bad or inherently good, just different. I am excited for them and can't wait to see what will do in the world.
With Love to: Lara, Luise (aka Luigi) and Nora
Sitting on the side of La Peña during our trip to Querétaro. (Left to right: Nora, me, Lara, Luigi and Luigi's friend from Germany Linus.)
Luigi's birthday celebration in Querétaro (Left to right: Me, Luigi, Lara, and Nora)

No comments:
Post a Comment