So, I am new to this whole blogging idea, and wasn't going to do it for my YAGM year. Except after talking to a friend and fellow YAGM (alumna), I decided I would give it a try.
To start the title of my blog is in Spanish because, well I'm in Mexico. It means "Am I doing this right?" It's a loaded question that I find myself asking myself a lot. Am I saying the right thing or in the right way? Am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? Am I making a blog right? I've never done anything like this so it's natural to have these doubts.
Now, I want to put a disclaimer out about the future content of my blog. I am a stranger in a strange land, and can only report about what I see and experience from my perspective. This by no means makes it the absolute truth. It is only one story, my story of Mexico. (I recommend this Ted Talk Danger of a Single Story by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to hear a more articulate explaination of this idea.) Basically, I am asking that you remember that I am just one person that is only living in Mexico for 11 months, so I will not always get everything perfectly accurate but I can share some of MY experiences.
Here's a picture of a giant pinata. It was up in the Zocolo of Mexico City.

No comments:
Post a Comment